Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More on color

When you go to the drugstore and look at the box color it has all kinds of information on it. They can be quite confusing. First thing you see is a color and a number.

The number refers to a the level of the hair. You can see the explanation on my previous post.

The next your gonna see is the color. All kinds or letters c cr rc, b, br, n r and varous other combinations .

C – copper

R – red

N – netural

M – mocha

A – ash

V – violet

B – brown

G – gold

W – warm

Then you get combinations of wn mg. mm bc br cg rb and more. You may even see br or cr . and rc . the firsr letter is the promanat color. Meaning cr theres more copper then red. And rc there is my red then copper


In my last post I talked about the devloper there are so many brands and different levels, they are 10 vol, 20 vol, 30 vol, 40 vol.. which are the most common ones used. You never used anything higher then 2o vol when using lightener . Unless you want your head raw. I have seen some pretty graphic pictures where a girls head was chemically burned because a stylist did not do her job right.

Each vol lifts that much .. ie . 10 vol lifts 1 level, 2o vol lifts 2 levels . 30 vol lifts 3 levels and 40 vol lifts 4 levels . (again see my last post for more info on levels of hair.)

I was told by a maxtix rep in a class. Honey you aint pulling red.. you brought it to the party. For me I am bring red to every party since i am a natural red head. Personally I have never wanted to and have no plans to ever change my hair color.. That does not mean I wont use Hair color. to enhance my hair .. by highlites lowlites. and just by refreshing my color so it looks more vibrant

What that means is: that everyones base color is red in varoring levels .. from red to orange to yellow. Even if your hair is a cool or a netural tone

Another big thing is care for hair that has been chemically treated.

You very much need a shampoo for color treated hair. And a good condtioner..

You aslo need to do a conditioning treatment once a month. Some people may need it more often if their hair is more damaged .

There are so many products to choose from I have been using Kenra’s hair masque .. I like it very well and recommend it if you can afford it. The Kenra Hair masque is around $20.oo us . and can only be purchased at a salon

I hope that this was informative . yours always

No comments:

Post a Comment